What’s up, what’s up, what’s up? Today’s news does the same type of damage as a Dominic Mazzotta elbow from full guard. Yes, this first bit of news does hurt THAT bad. Frankie Edgar UFC 218.
- Frankie Edgar Out UFC 218. Edgar suffered undisclosed injury and is OUT of scheduled UFC 218 featherweight title bout with Max Holloway. The December 2nd title bout is off and the UFC is believed to be looking for a replacement. This is a hit for the card and Frankie, who had earned his way to another title shot. Frankie Edgar UFC 218
- Holly Holm’s agent says that her rumored fight with Cyborg at UFC 219 is “dead”. Contract talks have apparently come to a point of no progress. Hope is dwindling for this fight to occur on this end of year card. Cyborg’s camp says that Holm is intentionally pricing herself out of this fight. This would be a big hit for this card as well. The UFC would love nothing more than to go out of this very difficult 2017 year with a bang.
- Conor McGregor is scheduled for talks this week with Dana White, which will determine when we will see McGregor next. The LA Times is reporting that Dana White and McGregor will hammer out details this week and that should determine when we could see Conor back in the octagon. Many are clamoring for a GSP fight, but from a competition standpoint, I’d love to see Ferguson McGregor take place.
- Yoel Romero volunteered to step up to fight for vacant middleweight title should GSP retire or move back to welterweight. This completely fabricated situation has apparently seized control of even those closest to the situation. Of course Romero would raise his hand to fight for the belt. Thanks for that, Soldier of God. At least Bisping is no longer champ.
- Dana White confirmed that he and the UFC are venturing into promoting boxing. This should come as no surprise, as Dana was seen wearing a Zuffa Boxing shirt during the promotion of the Mayweather/McGregor match. How the UFC will promote boxing is another questions. Having both a boxing ring and an octagon on the floor of an arena is quite a compelling situation. As would having fighters jump from one to another. Seriously, having the best boxers in MMA have access to pro boxing matches through Zuffa is genius. As long as the competition is at that same level.
- Johny Hendricks contract with the UFC is up, has he fought his final UFC fight? This was a guy that just four years ago appeared to be the next big thing after giving GSP everything he could handle. He has lost 5 of his last 6. He’s 3-7 in his last 10 fights, starting with his close and controversial loss to St. Pierre. A 15-1 fighter going into the GSP fight, his fall from grace is very dramatic. He appeared on the verge of super-stardom. He’s now likely on his way out of the UFC. He has battled weight issues, missing weight in three of his last five fights. Frankie Edgar UFC 218
Subscribe to our Podcast, MMA Fancast, and learn about Frankie Edgar UFC 218
Well, that’s it, folks. Get a good night’s sleep. Like you would with a Mike Wilkins rear naked choke! Frankie Edgar UFC 218
Check back every day for our recap in the world of mma as it happens, right here with Today In MMA. Frankie Edgar UFC 218
Be sure to check out all of our latest MMA articles at Octagon 24/7 !
Like Octagon 24/7 on Facebook!
Subscribe to our YouTube page!
Follow us on Twitter!
Check out our brand new Instagram!
Or send us an email, for whatever’s on your mind, to: email@example.com