Today in MMA – Nick Diaz Charges
- Nick Diaz Charges – Things continue to pile on for Nick Diaz. Despite no new evidence being brought forward at a hearing yesterday, additional felony charges have been filed by the DA against Diaz for his May domestic violence altercation. Diaz is currently out on bail with no addition court dates known at this time. Nick Diaz Charges
- Bare Knuckle Fighting Championships had their inaugural event on June 2nd and have announced their follow-up show. August 25th is the date of BKFC 2: A New Era, taking place in Biloxi, Mississippi and available on PPV. Scheduled on the card is the heavyweight tournament semi-finals, Bec Rawlings, Tony Lopez, Joey Beltran, Arnold Adams, Maurice Jackson, Charles Bennett and Chris Lytle. Tickets are available at www.bareknuckle.tv. The PPV will cost $29.95.
- Two more UFC contracts were awarded last night on DWTNCS. Catch up on the action here. Nick Diaz Charges
- Remember that horrible co-main event fight on Saturday night between Derrick Lewis and Francis Ngannou. Yeah, I wanted to forget it too. Both fighters have been criticized and even been critical of themselves, but now Lewis has turned the corner and is being critical of Lewis, going as far as saying, “I looked at him in his eyes and his face, and it wasn’t even the same guy that I saw at weigh-ins. He looked completely different. His soul had already completely slipped out of his body before he even stepped in the cage.”
- The cast list for TUF 28 has been announced. This has the potential to be the last TUF. From what I hear, it is completely up in the air at this point if there will be any future TUF’s. Kelvin Gastulum and Robert Whitaker will serve at the coaches on this season and will battle for Whitaker’s Middleweight crown later in the year. The show is to debut Aug. 29th of FS1.
- Brian Ortega didn’t get his big title shot at UFC 226 due to concussion symptoms by champion Max Holloway. Ortega is ready to fight at UFC 227 and for an interim title if Holloway is not healthy. He told Ariel Helwani,“From what I’m getting now, they said that Max might not fight for a long time, and he might not even fight 145. So I told them then, make the belt vacant and then I’ll fight whoever you guys want me to fight ASAP. I’ll fight them at UFC 227 here in Staples, but let’s get that situated.”
- This Saturday’s regional MMA card in Pittsburgh, the first ever MMA card at The River’s Casino, should be a very nice night of fights. It is nice to finally see the casino host an MMA event. It is a shame it is for a promotion that isn’t based in Pittsburgh, but Made Men Promotions seem to be good people so we owe them a huge thanks as well. Octagon 24/7 will be there, and we hope to see you there as well! Get your tickets quick!
Be sure to check out all of our latest MMA articles at Octagon 24/7! Nick Diaz Charges
Like Octagon 24/7 on Facebook!
Subscribe to our YouTube page!
Follow us on Twitter!
Check out our brand new Instagram! Octagon 24/7 back!
Or send us an email, for whatever’s on your mind, to: email@example.com
Nick Diaz Charges