Today in MMA is not the place you will find fight results (we do touch on AJ McKee), so even though we have tonights UFC Fight Night and last night’s Bellator event, we focus on all the other news and noteworthy things around the sport in this column. And what bigger, crazier news than what we have today! Conor McGregor goes nuts
- Conor McGregor went insane last night in Dublin, Ireland, after his teammate won a fight and is surely going to be facing a much deserved suspension for his actions. McGregor has clearly let his celebrity status and fan base cloud the reality that he is not bigger than the sport. During Bellator 187 in Dublin, Ireland, McGregor scaled the cage and celebrated wildly by jumping into the arms of, and collapsing with, his partner, Charlie Ward. It really is insane. He got nudged, and rightfully so, by referee Marc Goddard and that’s when all heck broke loose. You have to see it to believe it. Conor McGregor goes nuts
- Anderson Silva has been removed from the main event of UFC Fight Night 122 in Shanghai, China, for failing yet another drug test. Things don’t look good for Silva, as this latest drug failure is sure to make a huge dent in his already tainted legacy. Conor McGregor goes nuts
- Michael Bisping is rumored to have accepted a short notice fight to replace Anderson Silva on November 25th. If this rumor is true, it will require that Bisping is cleared by a doctor, as he was medically suspended for 30 days following his loss to GSP at UFC 217 just one week ago, on November 4th.Conor McGregor goes nuts
- Frank Mir and Fedor Emelianenko is being reported to be one of the quarterfinal bouts for Bellator’s announced Heavyweight Grand Prix tournament. That would pose a very intriguing matchup among 2 of the greatest heavyweight legends that this sport has seen that has not already occurred yet. Both fighters are coming off KO losses and will be looking to further solidify their legacy in this tourney featuring Chael Sonnen, Matt Mitrione, Ryan Bader, Roy Nelson, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, and Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal. All fighters made their mark in the UFC, with the exception of King Mo. Conor McGregor goes nuts
- 22 year-old phenom AJ McKee remained undefeated in his pro MMA career, but faced a pretty difficult test. We believe that AJ McKee is a future world champion but, at 22, he still has so much more room to learn and grow. 22 year-olds still soak things up like sponges and it is almost scary how well rounded and resilient he is at such a young age. One of the top young prospects in this sport. Conor McGregor goes nuts
- Jose Aldo gets the call to replace Frankie Edgar at UFC 218 to challenge Max Holloway in a rematch of UFC 212 from June of this year. I am not sure this is really 1. A rematch most fans want to see 2. A rematch that is deserved. Aldo has now lost 2 of this last 3 fights. Although the Holloway fight was a pretty close fight until Holloway got the finish in the 3rd, these two fighters appear to be headed in opposite directions. At least the Edgar fight was something new. Conor McGregor goes nuts
Well, that’s it for this edition of Today in MMA. Catch up on yesterday’s news
Be sure to check out all of our latest MMA articles at Octagon 24/7 !
Like Octagon 24/7 on Facebook!
Subscribe to our YouTube page!
Follow us on Twitter!
Check out our brand new Instagram!
Or send us an email, for whatever’s on your mind, to: firstname.lastname@example.org